Monday, November 8, 2010

Fin Nippers

Ok, it seems Serpae Tetra are definitely fin nippers.  But the thing is I don't actually witness it. I have to presume  they nip at night while the other fish are sleeping. My Pleco is fine but it is hiding most the time or playing in the bubble stream of my airstone. My Danios are longfin so the bites are obvious. The male Danio swims close to the bottom around a foreground crypt and doesn't seem to be bothered by the Tetras.

My fish seem fine though. Still active and playing. When I watch I don't see any signs of aggression among my fish. Just the visible evidence of nipped fins. Maybe it's because the Danios steal all the food. I have been feeding in two places in the tank. One side to gather the Danios and on the other side for my Tetras. Mostly flakes is what I feed them. I tried bloodworms (freeze dried) but they don't sink so the Serpae don't get many. If the worms should float to the side of the tank then maybe because the Danios failed to see them.

pictures soon, work getting in way, blah

No comments:

Post a Comment